Leaders in Software and Art (LISA, @softwareandart) is a society of creative thinkers centered around monthly salons. Begun by Isabel Walcott Draves and a group of enthusiastic co-founders in fall of 2009, LISA is a membership organization with the following
– To bring together people who work at the intersection of art and technology for fellowship, camaraderie and
good food and drink
– To introduce the membership to fascinating creative endeavors involving software and electronics
– To become the first stop for the best new art in the world
– To advance the artistic and/or technology careers of its members
– To help technologists grow their creative practice, and artists grow their technology skills
Who is part of LISA?
– software artists and digital artists, makers, DIY techies
– fashion designers, dancers, musicians, jewelry designers who enjoy technology
– avid patrons of music and the arts
– curators, gallerists, conference producers, retailers, and other
promoters of artistic and technological endeavors
– software professionals and technology entrepreneurs
– professionals in the field of digital art, collectors interested in
digital/electronic art and other art
– nonprofit arts entrepreneurs
How can people get involved?
Right now, most monthly LISA salons are private events held in NYC. However, we have an annual conference and some salons are open to the public. Please email isabel at draves dot org for more information.